How To Make Cultured Veggies. It's easier than you think!
1. Shred or hand chop veggies of your choice: cabbage would make sauerkraut, cucumbers, pickles, etc. Pack into quart canning jar leaving 2 inches head room.
2. Add sea salt and any other spices you like. I like Mrs. Dash, pickling spice for pickles, etc.
4. Fill Jar with spring, RO, or good quality filtered water just until veggies are covered. Leave 2 inches head room and lightly, (so air can escape), screw on plastic lid. (Avoid using tap water as it often contains anti-bacterial agents such as clorine which will impede the good bacteria from fermenting.)
5. Leave at room temperature for 2-6 days. Stir each jar daily to push down any veggies that are rising above the liquid.
6. The veggies will be a bit sour and fizzy when ready. Refrigerate for up to 9 months.